Bangladesh Buddhist Missionary Society (BBMS) takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the Foundation as highly confidential. In addition, BBMS does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents
The Organization deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with BBMS, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to Bangladesh Buddhist Missionary Society.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal information stored in BBMS database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS v3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks and virus protection.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organization to the donor will be professional
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers